Your Champion For Critical Family Issues
Dividing Significant Assets During Divorce
At Canfield Madow Law Group, PLLC, we are passionate about achieving results. In high-value divorces, this typically means helping our clients walk away with a fair share of the marital property and assets. From our headquarters in Everett, we provide representation throughout Snohomish County, King County, Skagit County and beyond.
Let our team of attorneys address your concerns and answer your questions such as:
- “My husband and I run a family-owned business. How do we divide the value without selling the business or shutting it down?”
- “Is my spouse entitled to part of my stock options or investments, even though they’re in my name alone?”
- “My spouse is self-employed and earns six figures, but I suspect that he is stashing most of it in offshore accounts. How can I get my fair share of those hidden funds?”
Strategic Assistance With A Wide Array Of Assets
Our lawyers are well-equipped to skillfully handle divorces involving the equitable division of:
- Retirement accounts, including 401(k)s, IRAs and military retirement benefits
- Investments such as trusts, stock options and real estate
- Executive benefits, including deferred compensation plans, pension funds, “golden parachute” agreements and more
- Businesses and professional practices, including intellectual property, business “goodwill” and more
- Assets located in other states or other countries around the world
A Fair Division Isn’t Always 50-50
When Washington law states that marital assets must be divided in a fair and equitable way, most people assume that means everything is split 50-50. This usually isn’t the case. What is fair and equitable depends on many nuanced factors. This means it pays to have a knowledgeable legal team on your side.
Learn more about how to protect your interests while dividing assets in divorce. Simply set up a consultation with our lawyers today. Call Canfield Madow Law Group, PLLC, at 425-312-1870 or contact us online.