Your Champion For Critical Family Issues
Damon H. Canfield
Damon grew up in the island community of Anacortes, WA. He attended and graduated from Washington State University in 1992. Prior to attending law school, Damon worked in Seattle for Washington Natural Gas in their public affairs department, thereafter graduating from Seattle University School of Law in 1998.
Damon has been an active member of the Washington State Bar Association (and their Family Law section), the Snohomish County Bar Association, and the Washington State Trial Lawyers' Association. Aside from his regular private practice, Damon also serves as a pro tem court commissioner in Snohomish County Superior Court, a position he has held since 2011.
Damon frequently volunteers his time, including previously serving as a trustee for the Washington State Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division, the Board of Directors for the Greater Arlington Chamber of Commerce and on the Board of Trustees for Snohomish County Legal Services.
In his free time Damon enjoys playing golf, and spending time with his family which includes two very active little boys.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Washington, 1998
- Swinomish Indian Tribal Court
- Seattle University, School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 1998
- Honors: Student Bar Association, Budget Committee
- Honors: Phi Alpha Delta, Harry S. Truman Chapter, Marshal & Justice
- Washington State University, Pullman
- B.A. - 1992
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association's Family Law, 1999 to Present
- Snohomish County Bar Association, 1999 to Present
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 1999 to Present
- Snohomish County, 1999
Past Employment Positions
- Bailey, Duskin & Peiffle, P.S., Associate, 1999 to 2001
- Baily, Duskin, Peiffle & Canfield, P.C., Partner/Shareholder, 2002 to 2011
- O'Loane Nunn Law Group, P.L.L.C., Partner, 2012 to 2016
Pro Bono Activities
- Washington State Bar Association - Young Lawyer's Division, Trustee, 1999 to 2000
- Snohomish County Legal Services - Board of Trustees, 2008 to 2011
- Snohomish County Legal Services - Family Law Volunteer Attorney, 2005 to Present